Let yourself be seduced by National Park “Sierra del Guadarrama”. Our TransGuadarrama Hiking Tour will take you to the most enchanting spots of Madrid’s mountains in 7 stages. A delight for all the senses…
Experience the full essence of the “Sierra de Guadarrama” in a journey through the nature, history and culture of the backbone of the Iberian Peninsula.
Make the journey that will bring you into other realms in the old glacier area of the nature reserve “Parque Natural de Peñalara”. ‘Get lost’ in the wild and unique nature of the regional park “Parque Regional de la Cuenca Alta del Manzanares”.
Hike the trails and historic mountain passes with as destination the traditional mountain villages where you will be surprised by the folklore and architectural heritage, witness of the intersection of different cultures in the heart of Spain.
Program TransGuadarrama Hiking Tour
- Day 1: Reception of participants TransGuadarrama Hiking Tour in the mountain in EL COLLADITO (Miraflores de la Sierra).
- Day 2: Stage EL COLLADITO – MORCUERA PASS.
Highlight: Ascent of “La Najarra” (2119m)
- Day 3: Stage MORCUERA – VALLE DE LOZOYA.
Highlights: Waterfalls “Cascadas de Purgatorio”. And also brining a visit to the monastery “Monasterio del Paular” (XV century).
- Day 4: Stage RASCAFRÍA – COTOS PASS.
Highlights: “Valle de la Angostura”, “ Also known as the route of the medieval bridges”.
- Day 5: Stage COTOS PASS – PEÑALARA NATURAL PARK.
Highlight: climb Pico Peñalara (and also the highest point of Madrid, at a 2.435 m)
- Day 6: Stage COTOS PASS – LA PEDRIZA NATURAL PARK.
Highlight: “Parque Regional de la Cuenca Alta del Manzanares” + While bringing a visit to the medieval castle (XV century) “Castillo de los Mendozas” While also visiting the Museum of Manzanares’ Ethnology.
- Day 7: Stage LA PEDRIZA NATURAL PARK – EL COLLADITO. While Trailing through the protected habitat of the Iberian Imperial Eagle.
- Qualified mountain guide
- accident insurance
- Full board in pension / B & B
- And also Entrance to monuments and museums